The Damon® System is an innovative new way to straighten the teeth quickly and comfortably. Traditional dental braces are comprised of large metal brackets and a wide variety of elastics. Damon® braces straighten teeth up to six months quicker than traditional braces and leave teeth healthy and beautiful.
Prior to the adhesion of traditional braces, a tooth or multiple teeth often need to be removed to create space. Damon® braces can be affixed without the removal of healthy teeth, because this system uses the body’s biological forces to create space naturally.
Why should I choose Damon® braces?
Damon® braces utilize a unique type of technology to optimize the straightening process. Traditional archwires are replaced with lighter, shape-memory, self-ligating wires that need no tightening. There are no elastics, no ties, and no palate expanders. The Damon® System reduces the amount of friction each tooth experiences by incorporating a sliding mechanism. Teeth can move gently into alignment without discomfort.
The Damon® System differs from traditional braces in a number of important ways:
- Better facial aesthetics.
- Fantastic results.
- Increased aesthetics.
- Increased comfort.
- Reduced amount of dental visits.
- Reduced need for tooth extraction.
- Reduced treatment time.
What makes the Damon® System different?
- The Damon® System replaces this with a hi-tech, lightweight shape-memory wire.
- Self-ligating braces – Damon® braces are passive and completely tie-less. The usual elastics and metals are replaced with unobtrusive sliders. Not only does this mean that there is nothing for the dentist to “tighten,” it also means that there is less chafing on the lips and inner cheeks.
- Shape-memory wires – Traditional braces require a heavy archwire to link the brackets and assert pressure on the teeth. The Damon® System replaces this with a hi-tech lightweight shape-memory wire. In essence, this wire is programmed to move the teeth quickly by working in conjunction with natural bodily forces.
- Facial aesthetics – Damon® dentists use computers to project what the face might look like in 10, 20, and even 30 years. This is extremely useful when planning treatment, because changes to the teeth can affect the whole face.
- Healthy teeth – Damon® brace brackets are much smaller than traditional brace brackets. They are designed to reduce plaque build-up around the brackets and make home hygiene much easier. Plaque build-up can quickly lead to decay – especially for those wearing braces, which makes easy cleaning even more critical.
If you have any questions about Damon® braces, please ask your orthodontist.