Welcome to South Bay Dentistry in Gardena, where we provide comprehensive and compassionate root canal treatment to restore your dental health and alleviate any discomfort or pain you may be experiencing.
Understanding the Root Canal Treatment Process:
- Initial Examination: The dental professionals at our Gardena office will begin by conducting a thorough examination of your teeth and gums to assess the extent of the dental damage and determine if root canal treatment is necessary.
- Local Anesthesia: We will ensure to administer a local anesthetic to numb the area around the affected tooth which will make you comfortable throughout the procedure. This will ensure that you remain pain-free during the root canal treatment.
- Accessing the Root Canal: Once you are fully numb, our dentist will carefully create a small access point on the surface of the affected tooth. This access point allows us to reach the infected or damaged pulp inside the tooth.
- Removing Infected Pulp: Using specialized dental instruments, we gently remove the infected or damaged pulp from the root canal. The root canal is then thoroughly cleaned and disinfected to eliminate any bacteria or debris.
- Filling and Sealing: After the root canal is cleaned, we fill it with a biocompatible material called gutta-percha. This material helps to seal the root canal, preventing further infection and promoting healing. In some cases, a temporary filling may be placed until a permanent restoration, such as a dental crown, can be placed.
- Restoration: Once the root canal treatment is complete, our dental team will discuss the appropriate restoration options with you. Accordingly, a dental crown may be recommended to protect and strengthen the tooth.
- Follow-up Care: After your root canal treatment, maintaining good oral hygiene practices is crucial. Our dental professionals at South Bay Dentistry will provide you with detailed instructions on how to care for your treated tooth.
At South Bay Dentistry, we prioritize your comfort and well-being throughout the entire root canal treatment process. Our experienced team is dedicated to providing personalized care and ensuring that you have a positive experience with us.
Below are some of the situations when you may need root canal therapy:
If you have any of the above symptoms, see your dentist as soon as possible.
FAQs Related to Root Canal Therapy
Root canal therapy is a type of dental treatment that is used to save a tooth that has been damaged by decay or infection.
The root canal therapy procedure involves:
- Removing the damaged/infected tissue inside the tooth.
- Cleaning and disinfecting the inside of the tooth.
- Filling and sealing the tooth.
This treatment is usually performed by an endodontist, which is a dentist who specializes in this type of procedure.
Root canal therapy is usually not painful. The procedure involves numbing the area around the tooth before removing the infected tissue.
Yes, most insurance policies cover root canal therapy.
Root canal therapy usually takes one or two visits to the dentist, and the procedure can take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour.