Ask about Teeth Whitening at our Gardena Dental Office
Smiles are a big first impression. At our dental office in Gardena, we have different teeth whitening options to suit your needs and achieve the smile of your dreams.
If you’re ready to find a dentist near you, call South Bay Dentistry at (310) 327-0404. We’re always happy to hear from you!
We offer safe and affordable ways to improve the appearance of your smile, removing discoloration and improving the quality of your enamel.
Valuable Effects of Teeth Whitening
When you have white teeth, you are always in high emotions. Those who are happy about their appearance are really happy & confident about themselves.
- Teeth-whitening smile creates high self-esteem that boosts confidence and increases motivation and success levels.
- Healthy smiles create a positive first impression personally and professionally. Immediate acceptance from others is appealing.
Tooth Discoloration Factors
Oral hygiene plays an important role in teeth aesthetics. There are several reasons why teeth become discolored even with proper brushing and flossing, such as staining caused by too much coffee or tea, smoking, certain medication and low zinc levels.
Genetics can play an important role in the discoloration of teeth, and some medications, illnesses, and foods all have an effect on this too. Aging, hormones, and food can cause discoloration in our teeth.
South Bay Dentistry provides teeth whitening options
- Zoom whitening can be done in the office and takes less than an hour to complete. The Zoom process will whiten and brighten your teeth in less than an hour. After applying a hydrogen gel to your teeth, a Zoom light penetrates to break up stains. This process is repeated three times with each round taking 15 minutes.
- Opalescence gel must be obtained by a licensed dentist. Custom mouth trays are designed by our in-house lab technicians. The trays and the opalescence gel are brought home and used according to the doctor’s at-home treatment plan.
- Another at-home whitening treatment is Day White. Custom-made trays are created in our Gardena in-house lab. The trays fit into your mouth and Day White is applied. The dentist will tell you the correct number of times a day to use the trays with Day White for the best results.
- Night White is an advanced whitening system applied at bedtime. Here’s how it works: the take-home kit contains trays, cotton buds and a toothpaste made with Night White. Follow the instructions in the kit to create your Night White toothpaste and place the trays over your teeth. Leave them on overnight. Rinse the trays after use, and store them in the case until your next treatment.
There are other over-the-counter options that are not as effective. Consult your dentist prior to using any over-the-counter product to omit damage to enamel or previous dental procedures (i.e. veneers, implants). Whitening systems are not permanent and will require touch-ups on an as needed basis.
Call our South Bay Dentistry office in Gardena for more information on teeth whitening procedures. Schedule an appointment today.