Benefits of Cone Beam CT Scans
We use state-of-the-art 3D cone beam CT technology in diagnosis, planning and treatment of oral surgery. Our team of dentists includes some of the most skilled medical professionals.
Oral surgery is a complicated field. One of the most important aspects is diagnosing the problem in a way that is accurate and effective.
It’s easy to see why 3D imaging technology is so useful in the field of dentistry. It has the power to show us something we never could have seen otherwise. The cross-sectional views (from a bucco-lingual view) as well as the axial, sagittal, coronal and panoramic views are all available through digital technology.
At South Bay Dental, our practice utilizes state-of-the-art 3D cone beam CT technology that provides highly accurate 3-D images. This technology can be used to diagnose dental implantology, TMJ analysis, airway assessment, and oral and orthognathic surgery.
i-CAT® 3D Imaging
- Dental implants
- Size and shape of ridge, quantity and quality of bone
- Number, orientation of implants
- Orthognathic surgery planning
- Oral and maxillofacial pathology
- Need for bone graft, sinus lift
- 3D CT ScanUse of implant planning software
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Location of anatomic structures: mandibular canal, submandibular fossa, incisive canal, maxillary sinus
- Localization of impacted teeth, foreign objects, extra teeth
- Evaluation of facial fractures & asymmetry
- Localization and characterization of lesions in the jaws
- Relationship of lesion to teeth and other structures